Yeah, you heard me. Presents!
Thanksgiving may be over, but I’m feeling especially thankful right now, in this moment. In the span of a single month, I survived a hurricane, lost my job AND my car died on the same day (that’s what this post was all about, by the way–thanks to everyone who sent words of support and encouragement my way) only to gain a new job mere weeks later, get my car fully repaired, helped start up a new podcast, made guest appearances on two other awesome podcasts (here & here), and officially joined The Dork Horde. And of course on top of all that, the holiday season is in full swing and my halls are nowhere near finished being decked.
I’ve been insanely busy and the posting quality and frequency around here probably reflects that, but I feel overwhelmingly grateful to not only have been able to turn my situation around, but to have come out of it swinging–and I’m positive it’s all because this blog exists. So, not to get all sappy and stuff, but I want you regular readers, commenters, and toy-pushing enablers to know how much your online camaraderie means to me.
Blah, blah blah–where’s my present?
If you’re in The League, The Dork Horde, a Twitter friend, a Cult Film Club devotee, or just a “fan” of ShezCrafti.com (which feels weird to say), I WANT TO GIVE YOU A GIFT. (That is, if you feel comfortable giving your mailing address to a 31-year-old who loves video games and Ninja Turtles.) It’s not going to be something extravagant, obviously, but it will be something small, cool, geeky, and above all, heartfelt.
So, please send me an email with the subject “Merry Geekmas!” and include your mailing address if you’d like to get on my gift list. I don’t expect anything in return, nor will I be upset if you re-gift what I send you, but you might get some funny looks if you do (there, consider that your hint).
Sorry, the deadline to get on my gift lift has passed!
But you can still send me your address if you’d like this year’s Christmas card.
Oh, right–and since this post is also serving as this week’s League Assignment, here’s my “something festive”:
More holiday spirit from around The League!
This week’s League assignment was to “write or photograph something festive and pop culture oriented.” Okay, so I cheated a little bit with the comic scan, but since I’m not done decorating my house yet, there isn’t much else to show right now. BUT! Do check out all the festive & merry things my fellow Leaguers posted:
- Cool and Collected – OMG S.L.U.G. Zombies’ Santa Claws
- Goodwill Hunting 4 Geeks – Geeky Christmas Ornaments
- Adamotomy – TMNT Christmas Sweater (yes, it’s glorious)
- Infinite Hollywood – It’s the Gamera Christmas Spectacular!
- Fortune & Glory Days – these cool Superhero Christmas Ornaments
- Green Plastic Squirt Gun – shares his Top 10 Fondest Christmas Gift Memories
- Of Flying Monkeys and Ewoks Oh My! – Christmas Movies & TV Specials
- Random Nerdness – is hosting his own Christmas special in podcast format!
- The Man Who Stares At Toys – starts the new Kick Justin Timberlake in the Balls holiday tradition
- That Figures – I don’t even know WTF this is supposed to be…
- Lair of the Dork Horde – shares an awesome Christmas ornament and memory
- Double Dumbass On You – is celebrating A Very Starfleet Christmas
- 3B’s Toy Hive – knows it’s all about the Christmas Tree Cakes